5 Reasons to Choose Organic Sheets For Your Kids
Contributors: Morning Bird
1. Organic sheets and bedding are a safer choice for children and their sensitive skin since there are fewer chemicals and detergents used in the manufacturing process, wrinkle resistant treatments that can release formaldehyde, flame retardants, and colors and dyes which frequently contain heavy metals.
2. Organic cotton is a breathable fabric, keeping them cool and comfortable all night long.
3. Organically grown cotton is better for the environment, using less water and no pesticides to grow.
4. Morning Bird organic products are certified to GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards), containing no restricted chemicals, and they meet strict social responsibility standards. They are also OEKO-TEX tested and certified to be free from harmful chemicals.
5. Due to the use of chemical processes in non-organic fabrics, ordinary bedding doesn’t stand up to wear and tear nearly as well as organic fabrics.
Parents aren't the only ones who care
As parents, we aren’t the only ones that worry about the wellbeing and health of our kids. Physicians, health professionals, public safety officials, and environmental advocacy groups are all concerned with regards to the possible effects of chemicals on our children. Many researchers suspect that toxic chemicals are playing a significant role in the dramatic increase in childhood disorders and learning disabilities, and surprisingly, many of those toxins are in products our kids use every day, and even sleep in.
Why organic is important to sensitive skin
Kids typically spend 8-12 hours a day sleeping, napping and playing on their beds. Babies and children have soft, sensitive skin which reacts differently than adult skin to the chemical treatments used in some fabrics. Many companies of inexpensive bedding use harsh detergents, inexpensive dyes, and even formaldehyde and pesticides in their manufacturing process which can lead to colors bleeding, rough textures, and allergic reactions. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that the bedding you put next to your child’s skin is as pure as possible.
Morning Bird is certified
Certified organic cotton bedding from Morning Bird is the safest bet because it’s free from the harmful chemicals used in other products. Morning Bird’s organic cotton sheets and duvet covers are made of 100% organic cotton percale, with a tight weave giving the fabric a soft finish while providing durability and ultra breathability. Plus, your kids will love our character bed sets, and you’ll love the way a room comes to life with the sheets, duvet covers, and all of our other matching accessories.
Only the best from Morning Bird
We know you want the best for your kids, and with Morning Bird organic cotton, you know you’ll be getting it.